Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Comments for Yellowstone: Jackie and Steven

For your comments on Presentations:

Write about something well done.  What did you learn from this group?  What part of the Presentation seemed the best?

Is there constructive criticism that would help this group?  What might have been more clear?  What part of the Presentation seemed the least polished?

Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.





17 comments:

  1. I loved your guys' presentation! it was packed with very interesting information and it didn't seem at all like you were just listing random facts at all. I really liked that you guys talked about all of the different kinds of animals being that i am an animal lover. I was also very interested in hearing about the super volcano. I would really scare me if it erupted! To be honest, i really don't have any criticism for your presentation other than trying to be more enthusiastic while presenting. Other than that, you guys did excellent, especially for having to go first. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were a lot of facts about yellowstone park that you guys tapped into that I never knew before.
    I never been to yellowstone park, I wish guys were able to provide a visual aid to allow us to see the wildlife in its natural state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very good presentation. I loved the pictures and the information that was given. I had no idea wee had a super volcano in the US. I thought that only existed in the Oceania zone. It did seem like you were just presenting facts when you were presenting, but I loved how you tied it all in with the return to nature theme. That was a good idea. Plus, the maps are good visuals to help us do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed you doing a presentation on a National Forest. I too am doing one on a National forest. My favorite part was when you talked about how the park is protected from technology and even though there is an economical cost to this the benefits are way better! The only thing I would of changed was the time spent on the three main animals. Great Job though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like how you guys set up your presentation. it had a good flow to it and i can tell you guys had taken an interest in your project through your research. i could tell you guys were a little nervous but over all it was very well put together. i never really knew the history of yellowstone or the diverse wildlife that inhabits it so it was definitely cool to learn about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the visual handout of the map. I also enjoyed learning the facts that i didn't know and how you each told us of your favorite places to visit. I did feel like you were a little nervous. Relax! We don't bite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the facts you had really added to the presentation! It seemed like you really knew about the presentation itself and the subject. You had a good balance of facts and pulling in your own information on it. Your call to action was great because it gave us a great guide to follow through! My only criticism would be to rely a little less on the notecards, but other than that, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked your presentation. You seemed to have touched on a large span of topics: the history, the animals, the volcano and geyser. What I found most interesting was how this huge park covers there states, and then on top of that, it is completely preserved by law. That is really amazing that this country came together and allowed such a beautiful park to be untouched by man for hopefully eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good presentation! I liked that you guys talked about how it was the first national park in the world! When you think about all the national parks your don't think about there not being one and how big that was to create one. I would have really liked for you guys to go more in depth about the super volcano, that was really interesting but i wish you would have said more about it, because that is something that could effect us hopefully not though! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you said the comment about the super volcano under Yellowstone, I was shocked! It is so scary to think how many people that will effect. I wonder if people that live near Yellowstone ever really think about the volcano erupting? I think that I would. Your presentation was really nice, but it would have been beneficial to hear some enthusiasm about what you were talking about. Maybe show that you care about what you were talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very factual, good knowledge of the subject discussed, fun facts (elevation of land=possible eruption soon) were really nice to hear, good challenged to the audience, and very well spoken (audible)

    Your group covered a lot information in a very short period of time. I would have liked to have seen a little more action in the presentations such as a video of the geiser or animals in their habitat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your presentation was clear and gave lot of true information. Especially I liked your slide that showed the volcano eruption and facts upon that. One thing you could have made your presentation excellent was if you added some videos. Overall, I think it was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it was very good presentation, i like how you guys set up and give us more information. that was clear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed the Yellowstone presentation because of the use of factual evidence. You guys stated the facts and allowed us to make our own conclusions, which is very powerful in presenting. I had already knew a good amount about Yellowstone from the Earth Science classes here at OSUM. However, there was one fact I found astounding. The fact that there were 50 million bison at one time and then only 23 is bizarre to me. Maybe you could have enhanced the idea of protecting the animals to make your presentation even more effective.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your presentation was great! You guys did a good job at telling information form memory and had good descriptions of some of the areas of the park itself. The super volcano does sound a bit crazy to think about! I would have liked to have seen a video in order to enhance the learning experience of the park, but overall, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your presentation was good! You guys spoke clear and fed off of eachother well. You can tell you guys practiced and really knew what you were talking about. I loved learning about Yellowstone from your guys presentation especially about the erupting volcano picture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your presentation you delegated well and made sure that you both hit on significant points. I wish you would have gone into more detail about what we should be holding on too and the call to action. But overall great :)

    ReplyDelete