Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Journal 7 Mason Metcalf

Miss Sasaki, even though she was not talked about as much as the others really meant something to me. Every profile had to go through many hardships but what she had to do was just awful. But through it all she stayed alive, even after she was on the ship and was basically baked alive. "She felt as if she were under a magnifying glass in the sun. Puss oozed out of her wound, and soon the whole pillow was covered with it." It showed me her will to live and how if you try hard enough you can get through almost anything.

This is a picture of the circle of radiation and also damage from the nuclear blast  in Japan. 
.I wanted to learn more about how wide and far of a range the actual radiation from a bomb had. I researched this and found that the radiation circle can be 5 miles wide! this blows my mind and even though I have not read the whole book I am guessing that when peoples flesh just pealed off is because of this radiation. Another thing about this book so far is that the Japanese had no clue abut radiation and the effects. They walked in the middle of the town and unknown to them it was killing them

No comments:

Post a Comment