Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Journal 3: Ruchir Saha



             The reading is going pretty well and it is interesting to know about what historical people share in the past that has impacted the world we live in today.    So far, the strengths in Holding on is that each individual’s profile I read about, they share their own experience they went through and as we read we think about how was it like in their perspective.   The weaknesses from reading this book, is that it does not share us the idea between now and back then or past and present after I read each profile.  The book should include information about what the individuals have faced in the past and what those events would be like right now in our world.   I mainly applied active reading skills when I read every page of that book.  I have marked or highlighted all the important events people have faced and that I cannot imagine how it would be like living in the historical past.


         A theme I would like to share from the book could be spiritual belief or passion.  Throughout the book, I read a few profiles that share their own belief on God. I also think about God in my religious way. Growing up in a Hindu culture, there are some spiritual beliefs, ethics and values that we never should forget.  

No comments:

Post a Comment