1. I think one of the most important and influential characters to me in this book was Dr. Sakai. He worked so hard to keep people alive and did so to the best of his abilities.In the book it talks about how he went three days with an hour of sleep because he was non-stop helping people. Then he left Hiroshima to open his own small clinic and do his own thing and he became a very wealthily man.
Next I would have to go with Father Kliensgoue because of what he did after the bomb. For one he wasn't even Japanese but he felt a moral ablation to help these people. He was very sick his whole life after the bomb but he used every bit of energy he had to help people and spread the word of God. His friends talk about how he was more concerned with other people then his own heath which is something you don't see a lot of today.
2. I think my response to how people acted after the bomb was one of disbelief. When I read about how people were just walking over each other and leaving people they knew to die I just couldn't believe how some people could do this to each other. I knew that it was a dramatic event and I probably will never experience anything like it but like how Miss Sakai was trapped under books and this guy left her to die. Like how could you do that to another person?
3. The first passage would have to be when Tanimoto was walking over people and saying he was sorry just because he could walk. This stuck out to me because he felt bad for being able to walk when one should feel happy. He cared for other more then himself.
The next passage that I remember as being important would be when Dr. Sasaki talked about how had not sleep in three days and he had to hide from the victims to get some sleep and they found him and asked him why would he sleep! Even though they didn't realize he hadn't in three days everyone expected him to just keep going and going.
Lastly the passage when thy talk about if you support total war you must support the use of bombs and killing civilians. This is a big moral question that I think everyone can ask themselves and think about. Like how could you kill baby and children that have nothing to do with the war? Yes this bomb saved lives but morally was it wrong to use?
4. I think this book and inspire people to be more kind to one another because I think this book showed me how much little kindness can do for people. I think by showing what compassion can do when someone really needs it it makes you want to do the same. I think something we could do because of this book would be to do everything we can in our power to make sure a bomb ,woke this never gets dropped again. Now this may take years but hopefully this book can show people who didn't know anything about Hiroshima how horrible it was. And that might inspire people to try and stop it from happing again. I hope
No comments:
Post a Comment