Part One: Stanley Kubrick Poem:
I am a man born of mind,
through tales of intrigue I bind.
It is film through which I tell,
my stories of which I dwell.
From a man who suffers a disorder in the brain,
to a man of which evil spirits drain.
An odyssey in space,
to a night-long place.
I have told it all,
from big to small.
My life in pictures was all well,
until the day I fell.
The cause of it was my heart,
from which of life I part.
But my vision will live on,
forever far and long.
I am a man born of mind,
through tales of intrigue I bind.
It is film through which I tell,
my stories of which I dwell.
From a man who suffers a disorder in the brain,
to a man of which evil spirits drain.
An odyssey in space,
to a night-long place.
I have told it all,
from big to small.
My life in pictures was all well,
until the day I fell.
The cause of it was my heart,
from which of life I part.
But my vision will live on,
forever far and long.
"A man with a big vision of storytelling in film."
Part Two: This may sound like an ordinary average goal in everyday life, but to me it is something far more elaborate. My wild dream is to someday make it into Hollywood. As a child I always enjoyed acting out movies and making up my own fantasies of myself in the movie, especially Back To The Future, which was my favorite back then. I enjoy other movies as well through special effects and storytelling, mainly because it is entertainment and I believe that we all have to look towards entertainment because it is a way for us to escape from the pressures of everyday life. The one thing I always wanted to do was to be an actor and have fun doing scenes in action movies. For the most part if I were to become a Hollywood actor, I wouldn't be one who is always in everybody's face just to show that they are popular or to get involved with politics. Instead I would just be an actor for fun. Maybe someday I can work part-time as an actor while still working my regular everyday job. I don't need an agent. If I read about an upcoming film that sounds good to me, I'll take a role. In the end, I do hope that I will someday live the dream that I have been dreaming about since my childhood. As long as I have hope, I can't fail.

I'm with ya when it comes to this dream. I honestly can say i've done acting classes.
ReplyDeleteYour poem was great! I loved how it was in Kubrick's point of view, the rhyming was nice, and I also love how you explained his pictures and his death; it all flows very nicely. You must idealize Kubrick, I am assuming? But considering you want to make it big in Hollywood, you two obviously share the same vision. I hope you follow and chase your dream, and I can't wait for the day when I look up and see your movie preview on my tv!
ReplyDeleteI think your dream is larger than life and i think it is a great one to have by how you described it, it is truly a passion and I'm sure you will make it come true
ReplyDelete