Monday, April 27, 2015

Poem and Dreams Exercise: Steven Harman

Henry Ford 
What comes into your mind when you think Henry Ford
Maybe its an assembly line a truck and many more
He has now become a man we will never forget again 
But he started out small in Dearborn, Michigan
Henry was from a family of famers 
But he knew he had a different calling
In Detroit is where he hoped he could stand without falling
He started with an apprenticeship and worked his way up
He took his lumps
But always looked at life like a half full cup
Then in 1903 he formed the Ford Motor Company
Which is now a household name for you and me
Then the world was changed forever with the Model T 
The first affordable car for a normal guy
Then the assembly line made production fly
Fords influences on he industry changed history
And for all the cars that get sold and taken off the floor
No one will ever forget Henry Ford  

Part Two: One dream that I have always had would be to go to exotic and different places of the world and explore and live in the wild. I have always had an interest in hiking and camping and I love the outdoors. I would love to to travel to the rocky mountains or the Caribbean and live off the land for a few weeks. I would only bring a few essential things with me and try to see if I could do it. I think this is something that I have dreamed about for a long time and hope to accomplish it someday. I think this would be the ultimate test of who you are and how strong you are. I want to push myself and I think it would be so peaceful getting to live with nature for a few weeks. This is something that I really want to do before I die. 

4 comments:

  1. I would love to do your dream as well! I love nature and being outside is by far my favorite things to do!! Great dream and I hope you follow it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be an interesting challenge for all of us to try and live off of the land. We take for granted all the luxuries we have in life like food, cell phones, nice home, etc. Living off of nature would be a good test just to see how poor we are as survivors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's nice that you want to travel and visit different places. That's actually something I would totally love to do if I wasn't so nervous about traveling. And I think it would be nice to get away from things like technology and indoor plumbing for a while. It would really show how much we can rely on ourselves rather than our technology. Just as long as you don't get eaten by the wildlife, I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is a really cool dream. I love camping and the outdoors, and I think it would be pretty interesting to try and live off the land in a week! I hope one day you are able to accomplish this dream!

    ReplyDelete