Monday, April 27, 2015

Poems and dreams - Gerrilyn Shively

Part One:
Luis Jimenez 

He lived for his art and died by it
But in his time, the man was quite the riot

He was an American sculptor of Mexican descent
With the will to fight for his ascent

Known for his fiberglass sculptures full of color
His art was like no other
 
Easily recognized in the art world
Because his work was so controversial

The public always adored his works
And through them they could see his quirks

His heart burned full of fire and flames
An intensity that could only lead to fame

He decided to pass on his art knowledge
To thousands of young students in college

Man on fire may be his most known art
Because it showcased the man’s heart

His works of art had quite the range
But he was taken down by his blue mustang

Luis Jimenez was an inspiration

To past, present, and future generations



Luis Jimenez


Part Two:
       One wild dream I have would be to be completely spontaneous for an entire week. I know that sounds kind of lame but I don't much room in my life for spontaneity between two jobs, school, and babysitting. If I had the chance to create something that would last and really speak for who I am and what I care about I would love to do a mural on one of the walls in my home, my space. I am not sure what it would be of but I think that it would be really cool to see it everyday and be able to be reminded of who you are and be proud of what you made. The idea just seems very cool to me and i would love to do it if I ever got the chance.


4 comments:

  1. I think being spontaneous every once in a while is vital. I agree; between work, school, home life, and a social life, we don't have time to be crazy. It's essential to set aside time for yourself to do whatever you want for a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think being spontaneous every once in a while is vital. I agree; between work, school, home life, and a social life, we don't have time to be crazy. It's essential to set aside time for yourself to do whatever you want for a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree as well. I don't work and hardly ever leave my house, so I don't worry to much about being crowded with a lot, but I should get out more and have fun with my life. And I can be crazy at times, but I usually don't want to show it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your dream is great people don't do more spontaneous things in their life and end up regretting it in the end

    ReplyDelete