The link that I decided to take a look at is the Mr. Money Mustache blog. The article was basically overviewing how saving a seemingly small amount of money can set you up for retirement later in life. Making small cuts in our everyday spending habits can accumulate a lot of money that we can save and gain interest on when you put it into a bank account. Some of the things that were recommended were to cancel cable pack lunch and drive a less expensive car and driving it less often among other things. This information was very helpful and applicable to my life, as a college student it is very important to save money because of the price of living and schooling is becoming astronomically high.
One of the coolest sources of innovation and information for me is the show that can be found online myth busters. I find it very interesting that they try to dispel myths that we hold as true. Most of these things are science related. They use an energetic view that interest people into learning which i find is a great triumph. When you entice the viewer you can teach them things that otherwise they would find "boring" .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjbJELjLgZg
I love the Mythbusters! Not only at home, but in my physics class we use the videos and experiments they do to help us understand the content better.
ReplyDeleteMYTH BUSTERS is one of my favorite shows! I am so glad you posted it on here. It's definitely a cool show to watch and it teaches you about physics and science without making it sound so boring. And I hate physics!
ReplyDeleteI also found it pretty remarkable how if we save just a little bit each month, we can have thousands of dollars in ten years. My question is why are there so many people who do not take advantage of this opportunity?
ReplyDeleteMyth-busters have been a prominent television show that has captivated viewers for several years. I really enjoyed watching their shows and seeing what I could find out. there are some episodes that I found to be quite boring, but the one I really enjoyed was the one episode they did that showed how much it would cost to be Batman. I thought it was very entertaining.
ReplyDeleteI really like the blogging website, Mr. Money Mustache, it's funny and informational. I am all about saving money, but I also want to make sure that I have a good time and treat myself every once and awhile because I do have a job. I'll have to read this article though because I'm sure his helpful tips are applicable to my life.
ReplyDeleteI really liked the Mr. Money Mustache blog as well, it's something for college kids to start looking at and getting an idea for the future. Instead of trying to save later in life. I also really like mythbusters, i used to watch their show all the time when i was younger. They are very interesting people that come up with some crazy idea of how to prove things.
ReplyDeleteI thought Mr. Money Mustache was such a neat blog. I can relate on the topic of school being expensive and I always look for ways to save money. It's really interesting to think about how far a little bit of saving can go.
ReplyDeleteI love Mythbusters as well and I watched it all the time growing up. A lot of the stuff that they did interested me even though I'm not into science because they made it interesting.
ReplyDeleteI remember watching the first episodes of myth-busters, what a cool show. I love how these kind of shows have made science not only understandable but also fun and exciting. Awesome pick
ReplyDeleteThere is always something new and interesting to learn when watching Mythbusters! I love watching these people go through and prove whether or not certain myths are true or not.
ReplyDelete