Saturday, April 18, 2015

Journal Nine: Lydia Freudenberg

Part One: 

My favorite source that was introduced to the class was Veritasium: An Element of Truth, I actually liked it so much, I watched a few more videos and ended up subscribing to to the channel. I love science, it is so interesting and it explains everything, and who doesn't love to learn? Plus, the gentlemen who conducts the videos, Derek Muller, puts the information in simple terms so that it is easy for people like myself, who love science but are no scientist. I'm not sure if any of this information is incredibly useful, but it makes you think and allows you to know the meaning behind everyday life. But you never know, maybe I may come across an instance where I need to know how and why chameleons change color. Which according to new information found by biologist and physicist, chameleons change their colors not to blend into their surroundings, because they already blend into their very green habitat, but when they are excited or for mating purposes. They have skin cells that expand and contract to absorb different shades of light and then reflect it back into the atmosphere which gives off a particular color. Which I thought was quite interesting.

Part Two: 

I have recently become a premier member of the music search engine Spotify, and I love it so much! I only pay ten dollars a month for unlimited music, but it is defiantly not a for everybody. If you love music and love exploring and finding new music though, you will get your moneys worth. It is also wonderful because it allows upcoming artist to be heard and thus become more popular. You can also follow artist and then be notified when they release a new album or a single, that way you're always be up to date on your favorite bands and soloist. Luckily, you can use Spotify for free through your Facebook account or an email address, but you can only listen to their recommended specified genre radio stations. It's still worth the listen though, I used their free radio stations before I became a premier member and they still had a large selection the each station.

Here is a link to Spotify's homepage:
https://www.spotify.com/us/

And here is a photo of how Spotify looks when it is in use. As you can see, Spotify is set up a lot like iTunes, but is a lot cheaper. You buy a whole album from iTunes for say, twelve dollars, but with Spotify you can add as many albums as you'd like for only ten dollars a month.



4 comments:

  1. Ohhh! I love Spotify! It is the awesome to have to ability to make your own playlists out of any song you want. I use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoy downloading music that I want to listen to. This seems like a better music search source than iTunes, which I rely on for downloading and regret for paying. I wish I could use this instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too absolutely love music!!! Ill have to look up and try spotify, I've never heard of it before but it sounds interesting and helpful, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dream would be amazing!! I hope you follow it and I think you really should do it!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete