Monday, April 20, 2015

Poems and Dreams by Morgan Adams

Part One:
A man who was gay from birth
And harshly judged on his true worth
From an early age he hid his life
To help avoid the pain and strife

Soon he came out to the world
Preformed on broadway, proudly twirled
He first became a gay activist
And then was elected into office

From there he reached more new heights
Radically rallying for gay rights
Until sadly he was shot one day
Just because he was openly gay

-In Memory of Harvey Milk
Gay Rights Activist


Part Two:
From an early age, I have always loved animals. That being the case, my lifelong dream would be to raise enough money to build an animal shelter to take care of rescued abused animals until they are adopted by a new family. If I had the money, I would build the facility on the same lot as my house and run that business as my full time job. If I ever win the lottery or come into a lot of money, I would love to fulfill my dream.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked your poem! I love your dream, I really hope you are about to fulfill your dream and help all kinds of animals. I think that would really be a job you could love going to everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice poem. He really stood up for his own rights and for the rights of others as well. I do hope that you help any animal find a new home and protect them from harm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think helping animals is very important because people not take the responsibility of having an animal as seriously as they should and i think that your dream is helping them until they can be matched with a suitable home

    ReplyDelete