
Born to a large family,
John Brown was a man for freedom.
He who helped with the Underground Railroad
Tried to take down the Confederate chiefdom.
As a child, he witnessed a black boy get beaten
Which proved to eat at him.
His father showed him that slavery was wrong
Leading to his hatred for slavery for so long.
Free slaves came to thank John Brown
As he kept slave hunters from coming around.
Unselfishly giving his land
He always gave a helping hand.
With the raid on Harper's Ferry
Brown's forces seemed kinda scary.
As his men tried to be free
They were punished violently as can be.
Part Two:
At this point in my life, I'm not really sure what career I want to have or what I want to be remembered for. As of right now, my vision is to own the local Arby's that I work at. I am going for the Business Management degree here at OSUM. One day, I hope to get a loan and buy the restaurant. As owner, I would do my best to lower prices and make customer satisfaction my biggest priority. Even further, I also plan to donate a lot of my earnings to my community in order to reduce drug use and to encourage kids to stay in school. I hope to make college a reality for those students who believe they can't afford to go. This dream isn't very wild but serving the customers and my community is something I care very much about.
Your poem was nice, I enjoyed the rhyming pattern and this man sounds very interesting. I also love your dream. It is so very kind, and we need people in this world who want to focus on their community and those who are less fortunate. Plus, I believe this is a very tangible goal. Owning a restaurant would also be exciting, and it's nice to hear that you want to put the customers first, you will be a great business man!
ReplyDelete