Monday, April 6, 2015

Journal Eight Mason Metcalf

There were many things to take away from this book Hiroshima. The one thing I believe I need to remember is the destruction the Human Race is capable of and how this affects people. We as a Human Race not only in war but even simple things like the environment destroy so much and might not even realize it. I need to always remember that my actions have consciences and most of them are not good ones.

1. I will defiantly hold on to Mrs. Sasaki. The will power she had to survive when no one even wanted her amazed me. It shows me how strong a person can really be. I never want to forget her because I shows me how lucky I truly have it.
     I will also hold onto Dr Sasaki. He was always wanting to help Japan and the people in it. He was also an intivator. He never just wanted it to be how it was he always wanted to grow. This is what I want to remember about him. I always want to grow as a person.

2. I don't want to forget about the emotions I felt while reading this book. I don't want to forgot how even though we destroyed their country the people of Japan did not only forgive us they almost thanked us. This shows me how proud and thoughtful of people they are.

3.      1. (Pg 121) Too much attention  was paid to the power of the A-Bomb and not enough on the war.
      We can not forget about the actual war and what it did to so many people.
         2. (Pg 46) Ten thousand victims of the explosion had invaded the Red Cross Hospital.
      I can not imagine 10,000 people being somewhere all hurt and dying. I must of been so awful
         3. (Pg 152) His memory like the world was getting spotty.
       Do we need to remember our history more clearly? I believe we do so we do not repeat what has failed in the past.

4. This book can inspire and educate in many ways. We can learn to be a better people. We can learn the deviation of this bomb and how we should never use it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment