She was born in the midwest on a dairy farm,
but knew she did not belong
Her inspiration came from her experiences outdoors;
flowers and bones caught her attention the most
She felt she could not paint the desert mountains enough;
there was always something new when she watched them
She was often alone, but also not;
the New Mexico desert was company for her
She found beauty in many places,
the New York skyline, the view out of an airplane window, and the desert
She took time to get to know the places she loved,
she camped, hiked, and slept in the desert to experience it all
She knew the place she found was where she belonged,
but what she had truly found was herself
Georgia O'Keefe
The biggest dream I have is to move to Colorado, own a ranch on acres of land, and be somewhat self-sufficient with my family. I think teaching my children about doing things on their own through our own land would be a great gift to give them. I'd love to have a large family and room to accommodate family and friends during the holidays. Even though it may seem cheesy, the biggest vision I have is fully decorating my log cabin for Christmas, having a huge, 12 foot tree in the living room in front of a window overlooking the mountains, and having my entire family over to eat dinner together. To me, this would be fully achieving success and happiness.

I think it's very nice when you recognize what your dream is. Especially if you're stuck in one particular way and you recognize it early. I think it's nice that Georgia recognized her dreams early: otherwise she may not have been able to get more accomplished than she would have liked.
ReplyDeleteI loved your dream, Cristina and hope you will do it! I also want to have my own land, farm, fruit and nut trees, vegetable gardens, bees, chickens, ducks, goats, solar and wind power, and more. Just need to master more skills. Thanks for sharing and all your vision!
ReplyDeleteI think your dream was awesome! My dream was to travel across the world, but another dream of mine is very similar to yours except I want to go live in Montana and have a couple acres to live on with a family. I imagine having a couple horses, to ride around my property, and I already know how to hunt deer and turkeys, so I have a start on becoming self-sufficient there. But I hope one day you can make your dream come true, again it sounds really awesome!
ReplyDelete