1)
February 8th 1994
February 8th 1994
a man was born in brazil
unknown to all
he would one day be famous
HIs name was Sebastião Salgado
His interest was in economics
That is until he went to Africa
where he found photography amazing
and so quit his job
He is now a famous photographer
taking long trips to capture pictures no one else has
to explain to the world our problems
These pictures helped write books
and these pictures helped save our earth
From the people who make our coffee
to land that we live on
His newest project is called Genesis
and it tells the story of our earth
It shows us the beauty
The power, the animals and plants
His newest project is called Genesis
and it tells the story of our earth
It shows us the beauty
The power, the animals and plants
Each photo tells a unique story
That everyone should see
He has created a foundation
called the Instituto Terra
who’s mission is to protect
and conserve the environment.
His name might not be known to all
but someday it will.
![]() |
| This is a photo from his Project Genesis http://www.photographyoffice.com/blog/2013/12/masters-of-photography-sebastiao-salgado-genesis-the-legacy-of-planet-earth |
2) I have many dreams I want to do in my life but the one that stands out the most is in California. I would love to do research in the canopies of the Redwood Forest. I could not imagine climbing to the top of one of the huge Sequoia trees!! I would want to do research on the insects that live in these trees and how they survive and act. This is a crazy dream but I am sure if I put my mind to it I can achieve it!!

I've always wanted to travel the states and explore new places. One of my dreams that I didn't mention in class today is... believe it or not, but there are still places on our planet that we haven't even discovered, and I always thought it would be so cool to go with a group of buddies who have similar interests in doing this and we all go out for several years and look. I think it would be so much fun.
ReplyDeleteI really like your dream, I didn't realize that the tops of those trees hadn't even been explored yet. So that would be increadiable to find things that have never been seen before or at least are rare on the ground. I really think that would be cool. I really hope you get to go and explore the trees!!
ReplyDelete