![]() |
| Art Spiegelman Author / Illustrator |
Art Spiegelman is a popular illustrator to the fans of the underground comics.
I wonder why there isn't any bioptics.
He's mainly known to those who read Arcade and Raw.
Each comic is a ball.
His most remembered comic is maus.
Where nazis are depicted as cats.
Weird as it may seem, what would you say if they were bats?
The jews were depicted as mice.
Thank goodness he wasn't known for having lice.
Having done work for counterculture
comic readers from all over flocked to his works like vultures
After being awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1992
Maus II became New York Times best seller because, of people like me and you.
Even though some of his best works were translated in more than 20 languages
After reading several of his comics you left with your sides wrapped in bandages.
Part Two:
If I had the chance...
I honeslty can say that I love movies a lot. If I had the chance to make movies I would. I would create a production company and start working on writing scripts for stories that I feel audiences would be interested in watching. I would become the underdog of movie production. I would strive to create films with compelling stories that would be considered new and refreshing. Nothing like most of the movies we see today in theaters. Most of us think that Hollywood can't seem to come up with something new anymore, and if I had the chance to make movies I would take on that challenge of creating newer stories with developed characters that mean something to us.
I've looked into all that it takes to make a movie and the costs are enormous! I can't imagine haing that amount of capital in order to make a single film. Not to mention whether or not it'll be a blockbuster either. What if I could make a blockbuster, or several without having to spend beaucoup amount of money? Maybe involve a small community? That could unify a lot of people. Create jobs or at least make people feel good about themselves for helping to make a great movie. I guess all of this would depend on what kind of movie I'll be producing too. I've always had this wild dream of being able to make movies that would at least be played in small local theater chains. I honestly can say that it's possible that one day I can be doing that. I've already begun saving every nickel and dime in order to buy the equipment for filming. I'm already an avid screenwriter. Once I get my mind set on what story I want to film, all I need to do then is start preo-production.

I, too, love movies. When I was little, I had a barbie video camera and I would try to make movies with my cousins and friends. I have always wanted to make and star in movies, it would be so fun!
ReplyDelete