Saturday, April 18, 2015

Journal Nine: Ruchir Saha

Part One:
My favorite link is the Veritasium channel, the most popular science channel on YouTube. It is amazing what science has done to change our lives for the past decades.  Science does not only serve the  purpose to educate us in a classroom setting, but it also satisfies our curiosity on the things we never knew about or still do not understand an outcome.  The videos on this channel are incredible to learn from and enjoyable to watch as the professor, Derek Muller, in the video shows us something cool.  In both ways, this helps people understand clearly so they never forget.   One thing I never knew about if there was anything that travels faster than light.  Growing up, I always remember that light travels faster than sound and has the fastest speed compared to anything in the universe.  Basically I was always wrong on that idea.  In the video, Muller showed that if you shine a laser at the moon in less than 1/100th of a second, that is considered to be faster than the speed of light.  It is true that light is not the only thing that has the fastest speed. 

Part Two:
My favorite source on the internet is https://www.youtube.com/user/BuzzFeedVideo.  This is a link to a YouTube channel called BuzzFeedVideo.  It is a channel that shows mainly educational videos and many other videos that are fiction-based.  Many people out there including me do not know every single thing from a basic knowledge.  These topics include why does our body experience weird effects in our daily lives, techniques or strategies to learn and many other interesting ideas or and topics we never knew that would become reality.  BuzzFeedVideo has plenty of educational videos that are cool and awesome to look at with real people and real-life situations.  This makes it easier for anyone to learn in an innovative way and remember things so people never forget when they grow up.  If you want to extend your math and science knowledge and skills, then this is the best channel for you to look at on YouTube.  Furthermore, this YouTube channel can motivate people to a better and possibly have a successful career in their future they look always forward to.



3 comments:

  1. I didn't know something could travel faster than light. That's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gone onto buzzfeed many times but I haven't looked at the educational things that they post. I find it interesting that they have good credibility for educational videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also loved the Veritasium video as well and actually ended up subscribing to the channel. I plan on checking out more of his videos, the speed of light one sounds interesting. I have heard of Buzz Feed but I did not realize they have educational videos as well, I will have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete